Volunteer Surrogates Celebrated

Image of Sandra Wright smiling
Sandra Wright

On April 28 we celebrated our Volunteer Surrogates. Our volunteer Surrogates provide a vital link to independence for many people with disabilities.

We gave a special award to Sandra Wright for her many years of service as a volunteer surrogate

We thank our corporate supporters for their donations of goods and services that help us celebrate our volunteer surrogates


Barrington Stage Company

Big Y Supermarkets

Central Rock Gym

The Emily Dickinson Museum

Eric Carle Museum

Foxwoods Resorts & Casinos

Holyoke Merry-Go-Round

Melha Shriners Circus

Mohegan Sun Casino & Resort

Munich Haus Restaurant

New England Patriots

Ninety Nine Restaurant at Eastfield Mall

Southwick Zoo

 for photos of this event visit our facebook page

PCA Overtime Time Information

The Executive office of Health & Human Services (EOHHS ) have issued a Frequently Asked Questions document regarding Overtime Regulations for PCA as well as PCA OT Policy information, the Temporary & Continuity of  Care Approval Criteria and the PCA Overtime Request form. They may all be found at www.mass.gov/masshealth

For your convenience they are also listed here:


PCA OT Policy information 11/22/16


PCA Overtime Request Form 12/08/16


PCA Overtime FAQ 11/22/2016


Temporary & Continuity of Care Approval Criteria 

Please be advise PCAs will be getting a letter in the mail to explain these changes. A copy of the letter in English & Spanish may be found here:

Letter to PCAs Explaining Changes English

Letter to PCAs Explaining Changes Spanish

Home Modification Loan Program

Looking to make your home more accessible? Are you a landlord with a tenant with a disability? Then the Home Modification Loan Program may be for you.

The Home Modification loan program allows you to borrow up to $30,000 at 0- 3% depending on household income to make home modifications related to disability. Modifications may include home security, stair lifts, bathroom, kitchen modifications and more. Eligible applicants may qualify for a deferred loan meaning it does not have to be repaid and does not accrue interest until the house is sold. More information at www.cedac.org/hmlp

Landlors with less than ten units and with tenants with disabilities qualify for this program. Please see www.cedac.org/hmlp  for eligibility criteria and application process